STANDARD RESPONSE PROTOCOL
Coffeyville Public Schools uses the Standard Response Protocol (SRP). This is a simplified crisis response that helps staff, students, parents and first responders to quickly and adequately respond to crisis situations.
The SRP is based on five actions:
• Hold is an action when hallways need to be kept clear, even during class changes, often used in times of a medical emergency.
• Secure is followed by the Directive: "Get Inside. Lock Outside Doors" and is the action used to safeguard students and staff within the building.
• Lockdown is followed by "Locks, Lights, Out of Sight" and is the action used to secure individual rooms and keep students quiet and in place.
• Evacuate is an action that is always followed by a location, and is used to move students and staff from one location to a different location in or out of the building.
• Shelter is an action used when the need for personal protection is necessary.